4. Aggregate Information
We may track the total number of visitors to VETport website, the number of visitors to each page of VETport website, the number of External Web Site (defined below) pages you have visited, technical information about your computer, system and browser software and IP addresses. The aggregate information extracted from this data will be maintained, used and disclosed in aggregate form only and will not contain personally identifiable information. We may use such aggregate information to analyze trends, improve the Products we provide to our users, administer the Site and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
5. Information We Collect
- 5.1 Through the Website: You can generally visit our website without revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself. However, in certain instances, you may be given the option to fill out a Free Trial registration form, Contact Form, complete a survey or other form which could contain personally identifiable information, such as user identification name, an email address, phone number, business name and/or any other information that you voluntarily transmit with your communication to us.
- 5.2 Whenever you visit a VETport web page, your browser may send certain information to our server, which we record. This information may include the URL of the referring web page, your browser and OS type, IP address of the device, location of the device, pages visited, time on site etc.
- 5.3 Through the Products: Each VETport-based software product or service contains an activation time stamp, which is transparently collected by our server the first time you use the Product. You will be assigned a unique user ID number. In addition, as part of acceptance to use the Product, you are authorizing VETport to collect information about your use of the Product, including, without limitation, the number of times you use the Product or various applications included with the Product, the duration of use, how many times and the type of technical problems that occur during use of the Product and technical information about your computer and system software and the Product version you are using. We do this for purposes such as analyzing how the Product is used, diagnosing service or to address technical problems, and improving Product quality and features.
6. Information Use
You agree that we may use your personally identifiable information you submit to the Website, Software, Over Email or verbal communication, such as your email address, to register you to download our software and/or use our Products, contact you to deliver certain services or information you have requested, verify your authority to enter our Site or use our products, improve the content and general administration of the Site, services and Products, and provide you with notices regarding goods, services and/or Products that you have purchased or may wish to purchase in the future.
7. Choice to Opt-In
9. Children’s Privacy
We recognize the privacy interests of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. The Site is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not target its services or the Site to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
10. Links to Third Party Sites
We may employ procedural and technological measures, consistent with industry practice, to protect your personally identifiable information. Such measures are reasonably designed to help protect your personally identifiable information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. We may use firewalls, password protection, encryption, secure socket layer and take other physical security measures and place internal restrictions on who within VETport may access your data to help prevent unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information.
12. Correction/Deletion/Updating Personally Identifiable Information
We will provide you with the ability to modify or delete the personally identifiable information you have submitted through the Products or through the Site. However, we may retain a copy of your subscription records for audit purposes.
14. Choice of Future Communications
From time to time, VETport may send you information about updates & new offerings that may be of interest to you. At such a time, you will be given an opportunity to opt-out of future communications.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union and the European Economic Area. It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU and EEA. The GDPR aims primarily to give control to citizens and residents over their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU.
Superseding the Data Protection Directive, the regulation contains provisions and requirements pertaining to the processing of personally identifiable information of data subjects inside the European Union. Business processes that handle personal data must be built with data protection by design and by default, meaning that personal data must be stored using pseudonymisation or full anonymisation, and use the highest-possible privacy settings by default, so that the data is not available publicly without explicit consent, and cannot be used to identify a subject without additional information stored separately. No personal data may be processed unless it is done under a lawful basis specified by the regulation, or if the data controller or processor has received explicit, opt-in consent from the data's owner. The data owner has the right to revoke this permission at any time.
A processor of personal data must clearly disclose any data collection, declare the lawful basis and purpose for data processing, how long data is being retained, and if it is being shared with any third-parties or outside of the EU. Users have the right to request a portable copy of the data collected by a processor in a common format, and the right to have their data erased under certain circumstances. Public authorities, and businesses whose core activities centre around regular or systematic processing of personal data, are required to employ a data protection officer (DPO), who is responsible for managing compliance with the GDPR. Businesses must report any data breaches within 72 hours if they have an adverse effect on user privacy.
16.1 What are cookies? Cookies are small text files containing a string of characters that can be placed on your computer or mobile device that uniquely identify your browser or device.
16.2 What are cookies used for? Cookies allow a site or services to know if your computer or device has visited that site or service before. Cookies can then be used to help understand how the site or service is being used, help you navigate between pages efficiently, help remember your preferences, and generally improve your browsing experience. Cookies can also help ensure marketing you see online is more relevant to you and your interests.
16.3 What types of cookies does Vetport use? There are generally four categories of cookies: “Strictly Necessary,” “Performance,” “Functionality,” and “Targeting.” Vetport routinely uses all four categories of cookies on the Service. You can find out more about each cookie category below.
- (a) Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential, as they enable you to move around the Service and use its features, such as accessing logged in or secure areas.
- (c) Functionality Cookies. These cookies allow us to remember how you’re logged in, whether you chose to no longer see advertisements, when you logged in or out, and the state or history of Service tools you’ve used. These cookies also allow us to tailor the Service to provide enhanced features and content for you and to remember how you’ve customized the Service in other ways. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous, and they are not used to track your browsing activity on other sites or services.
- (d) Targeting Cookies. Vetport and our advertising partners may use these types of cookies to deliver advertising that is relevant to your interests. These cookies can remember that your device has visited a site or service, and may also be able to track your device’s browsing activity on other sites or services other than Vetport. This information may be shared with organizations outside Vetport, such as advertisers and/or advertising networks to deliver the advertising, and to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign, or other business partners for the purpose of providing aggregate Service usage statistics and aggregate Service testing.
16.4 How long will cookies stay on my device? The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted.
16.5 First and third party cookies First-party cookies are cookies that belong to Vetport, third-party cookies are cookies that another party places on your device through our Service. Third-party cookies may be placed on your device by someone providing a service for Vetport, for example to help us understand how our service is being used. Third-party cookies may also be placed on your device by our business partners so that they can use them to advertise products and services to you elsewhere on the Internet.
16.6 How to control and delete cookies If you want to delete cookies follow the instructions at http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cookies. If you wish to disable your browser from receiving cookies follow the instructions at http://www.wikihow.com/Disable-Cookies. Note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain parts of our Service and other parts of our Service may not work properly. You can find out more information cookie settings at third-party information sites, such as http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
17. CONTACT INFORMATION FOR VETport
If you have any questions regarding these terms please contact us:
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail: VETport LLC, 100 Castleberry Ct., Box 303, Milford, OH 45150
- By phone: +1 513-449-2300
- Copyright © 2005-2019 VETport LLC . All rights reserved. Download PDF Version of this document